You’ve probably heard me talk about WP Engine as my preferred hosting company for managed WordPress web hosting. It’s the company I pay every year to host my own photography website.
Through the end of the month, you can get 30% off your first payment on a new account with code halloween2017. That means if you sign up for a new annual plan, you get five months free1. The coupon is applied on top of the two months free you already get on an annual plan.
Why WP Engine?
There are a ton of web hosts. Many of them are good. Here’s why I spend my money with (and am an affiliate partner with) WP Engine:
- They offer an easy automated WordPress migration if you are already on another WordPress host… I used it to move my personal site – hit that link to find out how easy it was.
- Their only business is WordPress, meaning that when you talk with their support folks, you’re chatting with someone with specific technical knowledge about how WordPress works with their configurations. You won’t end up chatting with a random support person whose last case was about email configuration and whose next ticket will be about someone trying to install Drupal. They’re all WordPress, all the time.
- Your site is backed up automatically daily, or any time you want on-demand. Making a big change to your site? Back it up, make the change, and if there’s a problem you’re just one click from reverting back.
- A staging site is included… so if you want to make big changes to your design or such, you can do so in a sandbox environment where you can tweak things and get them right without worrying about breaking your current website.
- Your site is secure. They take proactive security measures to prevent your site from being compromised, both in how the server is managed along with some measures that help prevent you from making security mistakes of your own.
- They have an optimized caching system built into their hosting, so your site will be fast without you having to do additional work or understand the technical details. Website speed matters for your SEO and visitor happiness.
If you’re on a entry-level web hosting package, you ought to consider moving up to something a bit more solid, reliable, secure, and speedy. And the best time to do it is now, when you’ll save a bunch of money.
Five months free is one heck of a deal.
But it expires on October 31st. Get started now.
- Last year, WP Engine’s Black Friday deal was four months free.. so this is even better than that. Dang. ↩