Blogging as a photographer? Stuck searching for a topic? Bookmark this list of blog topics for photographers and perhaps it can occasionally jog your memory.
UPDATE: Like these topics? I wrote a followup article with 33 more blog ideas for photographers.
Keep your audience in mind. The general public (and your clients) don’t care about the gear itself… they only care about what you can do with the gear. If your blog’s audience is primarily other photographers… go wild with the gear.
Clients / Business
- Write about how you recently created a photo with a client to help them capture a special moment
- Write about how your photo helped a client’s business
- Have your client write about how awesome you are
- Share how you’re different than your competitors
- How might things go wrong, and how do you deal with it?
- How a client can best prepare for a particular type of shoot
- Write about what sort of photography you don’t do, and why
- Share a few things that make a client a good fit for you
- Share a few things that would make a client a bad fit
- Interviews with vendors in complementary businesses
- Behind-the-scenes photos or videos
- Share a photo every day
- Share a photo of the same thing every day (photographed in different ways)
- Show how your vision has evolved over months or years
- Share images from a genre you’ve never shared
- Talk about recovering from a shooting mistake
- Show an example of a horrible image you’ve made, and what it taught you
- Share your most unusual family vacation photo
- Write about how a photo relates to some music
- Write about how a photo relates to a book you’ve read
- How often do you photograph, and why?
- Give your camera to your young kid, and have them make a photo of you. Write about what they said about the picture
- Share a photo that folks seem to love but that doesn’t do much for you
- Something you saw in daily life that inspired you to make a photo
- Show an example of something interesting you made with new gear
- Explain how a piece of gear compares to another
- Discuss the differences in the build quality of gear
- Show how to build something instead of buy it
- Talk about used vs new gear, with examples
- Talk about your favorite piece of gear
- Talk about your most overrated piece of gear
- Explain how you’d recover if ____ failed
- Share why you pack so much (or so little) gear
What are some other blog topics for photographers that I’ve missed? Leave a comment below to help others!